Company: First American Bank
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: November 19, 2023
First American Bank was founded in Chicago, and over the years has
expanded throughout Wisconsin and Florida. As the largest privately
held bank in Illinois, we now have over 60 -locations and assets of
$5+ -billion. -We are a community bank at heart with international
expertise, traditional values, and a forward-looking philosophy.
Our employees have the experience and vision to meet the needs of
savers, borrowers, and businesses in the 21st century. First
American Bank can offer employees a level of visibility, career
growth, and stability that is difficult to find in many larger
The Personal Banker position is a mid-level role within the Retail
Banking Department. This non-exempt (hourly) role services the
branch and provides professional customer service across both
Teller and Banker functions. Additionally, they serve as a
needs-based sales professional who thoroughly understands First
American Bank's retail banking product and service offering.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and retain meaningful relationships with new and existing
customers by identifying needs and educating them about the
features and benefits of First American Bank personal banking
- Plan, prepare, and deliver a tailored sales presentation
ensuring our products and services are effectively presented to the
- Identify and engage in sales conversations with customers and
assist them in selecting banking products and services that best
meet their needs. Responsible for taking Home Equity and other
retail loan applications, as well as closing loans, and referring
mortgages to internal partners.
- Partner with other areas of the bank to promote: Business
Banking, Wealth Management, Treasury Management, and Merchant
- Participate in outbound calling, local community events, and
other related activities to increase market awareness.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
- Manage customer experience, ensuring satisfactory service
standards and appropriate resolutions are achieved.
- Provide high-level customer experiences by assessing and
implementing resolution for sensitive customer issues. This
includes performing research, reviewing transactions, and
redirecting customers to appropriate resources when
- Utilize tools and resources to organize and analyze customer
data to align customer needs to tailored recommendations for
products and services. Manage pipeline to adequately capture
conversations and opportunities for prospective and current
- Perform all daily personal banking tasks, including, but not
limited to opening, maintaining, and closing deposit accounts
(consumer accounts, business accounts, and IRAs).Exercise judgement
with respect to required documentation for specific transactions
and evaluate First American Bank's ability to act upon a
- Assist and educate new and existing customers on available
servicing technology which includes online banking and mobile
- Participate in phone queues to service customers which includes
performing research, reviewing transactions, and redirecting
customers to appropriate resources when necessary.
- Provide teller services including, balancing teller drawer,
performing customer transactions, processing cash advances,
depositing currency, ordering coin, and other teller
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Assist in performing opening and closing procedures of the
branch as needed.
- Analyze and identify risks while conducting customer
transactions. Utilize compliance and fraud training to accurately
respond and escalate suspicious activity to the appropriate
- Participate in internal audits demonstrating an understanding
of internal bank policies and procedures to ensure exemplary
customer service standards are met.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- College degree in business or related field a plus.
- Compressive training and professional development are provided
to adequately prepare employees, equipping individuals with the
skill sets to succeed the role. Trainings will include technical
and customer service topics via classroom style, electronic, and
- This position requires the individual to take loan applications
and close loans.
- This position may require the employee to register and maintain
registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System &
- Minimum one year of personal banking, customer service, or
sales experience required.Ability to handle cash transactions and
proficient in working with US currency.
- Proven track record of sales experience preferred.
- Must be professional, comfortable speaking with external and
internal contacts with a demonstrated ability to tailor the message
appropriately to the audience and situation effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to convey thoughts and ideas effectively
and succinctly via written formats, including emails, letters, and
electronic platforms. Maintain professional standards relating to
spelling and grammar.
- Maintain credibility through professional demeanor, appearance,
and presence by modeling standards appropriate to our environment
- Maintain good working relationships with internal partners by
exhibiting exemplary interpersonal skills, adopting a constructive,
- Use sound professional judgment to balance the interests of the
organization and customer, understanding and using available
resources to mitigate risks.
- Cold calling sales ability, with assertive, positive, and
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 products and applications,
including the ability to effectively prepare or review documents,
procedures, and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and applications, as
well as the ability to understand, adapt and adjust
responsibilities/workflows as a result of system upgrades.
- Occasional travel to other First American Bank locations to
assist other branches, Bank functions, and training facilities
- Typically scheduled for a 36 - 40 hour work week between the
hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday
8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required depending
upon business need.
- Punctuality is required to maintain First American Bank's
customer service standards.
Keywords: First American Bank, Hoffman Estates , Personal Banker, Accounting, Auditing , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!