Application Engineer Sr. - Electric Drive & Controls (Factory Automation)
Company: U.S. Financial Recruiting
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world's leading providers of drive and
control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers
face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth
team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from
more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our
associates take on their customers' challenges with passion and
persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes
Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications,
Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As
the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute
our components and system solutions in over 80 countries. You'll
find our drive and control technology in a wide variety of
applications: From excavators and tractors to machine tools and
many other automation systems. You'll find us in automotive
factories, packaging systems, food industry, medical devices and
laboratories, semiconductor production, various electrification
sectors and many other industry segments.
- Works in the US nationwide as application engineer with
electric drives and controls.
- Helps ensure that electric drives, controls and communications
are successfully applied/implemented to modern machinery and
equipment for material flow, automation, assembly, test, etc. in
growth market segments (e.g. batteries, EV, logistics).
- Perform technical analysis of machine and application
requirements and select best suitable products/solutions (sizing,
selecting, applying, hands-on support).
- Demonstrate/present key product capabilities and advantages to
- Generate samples of code for communication, PLC, HMI, drives
and provide startup assistance.
- Support the electric drive and control products in mechatronic
- Prepare and participate in product workshops and presentations
for customers and trade show events (internal and external).
- Travel Requirement: up to 20% - 40% Travel nationwide.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Controls / Automation
Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in
programming and integrating automation equipment.
- Experience for meeting customer needs by defining and
supporting the best electric drive and control solution.
- PLC programming experience
- Use of open communication standards (fieldbus and higher level
- Electric drive setup and tuning (frequency / servo / direct
type drive systems) experience
- Generate modern HMI solutions with web-based tools
- Knowledge in optimized control system architecture setup
- Experience in programming PLC/PAC control systems with
- Knowledge of programming IEC61131-3
- Applying and using fieldbus connections in control systems
(e.g. PLCs, PACs, etc.) with industrial protocols (e.g., EtherCAT,
Sercos, PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, OPC UA, TCP IP, CAN
- Familiar with communication methods and setups to higher level
factory production/execution/IIoT systems (Ethernet TCP/IP,
- Drive parameter setup and system tuning of drives running AC
and PM motors/servos (open/closed loop)
- Use of sizing/selection software tools
- Experience applying functional safety products
- Good communication and presentation skills, written and verbal,
dependable and a positive attitude and responsiveness toward
Qualifications As a Plus
- Programming experience using high-level programming languages
(C++, Python, MQTT, Java, Rest API, JSON, Node Red, ...)
- Experience with Linux Ubuntu environment
- Machine learning applications
- Use of simulation software tools
- Competence with TSN and 5G
- Use of CAD Electrical software
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future
sponsorship for work authorization is not available.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology,
Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and
- AWIM (A World in Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected
Keywords: U.S. Financial Recruiting, Hoffman Estates , Application Engineer Sr. - Electric Drive & Controls (Factory Automation), Engineering , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!