Executive Director, National Playhouse
Company: Gigi's Playhouse Inc.- Down Syndrome Achievement C
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About GiGis PlayhouseHeadquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois,
GiGis Playhouse was founded in 2003 by a mother who wanted a place
where her daughter, GiGi, and other children with Down syndrome
could realize their dreams. Almost 20 years later, the organization
now has 55 locations and is growing - providing free, life-changing
therapeutic, educational and career training programs for 30,000+
individuals of all ages. The flagship location located in Hoffman
Estates, Illinois, known as the National Playhouse, includes a
career training program, a retail store/cafe, and the national
headquarters. For more information, visit
https://gigisplayhouse.org/.GiGis mission is to change the way the
world views Down syndrome and to send a global message of
acceptance for all.Position OverviewThe Executive Director is an
externally minded professional with strong fundraising, operations,
staff, and volunteer management experience. Responsible for
fundraising and program outcomes, this role provides a unique
opportunity to both manage operations, promote programming
innovations, and endorse the GiGis model to communities both
locally and nationally. In addition, the Executive Director
supports his/her peer executive directors across the country in
sharing best practices in organizational management, programming,
strategies to deepen family engagement, and local marketing
strategies. As the example of a Center of Excellence for all
Playhouses, the Executive Director continually enhances the
National Playhouse experience by demonstrating the effective
platform and model to the GiGis Playhouse network, the Down
syndrome community, and the world.Lead with PassionThe right
candidate leads by example, setting and driving the strategies to
run an effective Playhouse, meet its fundraising and community
outreach goals, and set the bar for excellence across Gigis
Playhouses 55 locations across the country. In this visible role,
the Executive Director drives the Playhouses Standards of
Execution. This high level, strategic role reports to the Chief
Operating Officer with a close working partnership with both the
Vice President of Development and Partnerships and the Vice
President of Marketing. The Executive Director supervises and
motivates a staff team of six along with hundreds of volunteers.
The position requires strong collaboration with leadership, staff
colleagues, and GiGis Playhouse partners around the globe. Primary
Duties and ResponsibilitiesOperations and Management
- Manage the Hoffman Estates Playhouse. Oversee programs, events,
and activities ensuring a high-quality experience for program
participants, their families, volunteers, donors, community
partners, and visitors.
- Manage and evaluate Playhouse staff and volunteers, coaching
them to their highest capacity.
- Create and manage expense and revenue budget that includes
local community grants, individual gifts, third party events,
sponsorships, and event income.
- Drive the National Playhouses achievement in all Standards of
Execution, striving to achieve the level of Center of Excellence in
each of them.
- Ensure program content and quality serves community needs and
represents full fidelity of the Signature programming for
- Provide program and volunteer staffing, as necessary.
- Reach out and engage with peers across the GiGis Network to
share ideas, solve problems, increase efficiencies, and increase
- Lead as a pilot location for rollout of new programs and
initiatives, leveraging all nationally developed tools and
resources, playing a leadership role in implementations network
- Create and implement the Playhouse fundraising plan to reach
- Create and manage a donor portfolio ensuring appropriate
cultivation and timely solicitation.
- Partner with Development team to support regional and national
fundraising events, participating on committees, fundraising,
solicitation of in-kind gifts, volunteer recruitment and
management, and community engagement.
- Create and staff a Family Committee to support fundraising,
volunteerism, community outreach and event support, and provide
program input.Marketing and Engagement
- Leverage and utilize national marketing strategies and tools
- Engage in the community to drive both families and community
members to playhouse programs, activities, and events.
- Identify local impact stories, photos, and content for
- Manage content for local website, newsletters, and social media
- Identify and foster relationships with media sources.
- Act as a front-facing active part of the local Playhouse
community, building relationships, gathering stories, and gaining
- Grow community awareness and engage proactively with local
Skills and Competencies of the Successful Candidate
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for the mission of GiGis
- Visionary leadership displaying passion and optimism while
inspiring respect and trust
- Achievement oriented with a track record of exceeding
- Enthusiasm and skill in motivating and evaluating staff and
- Strategic and relationship-based approach towards building
fundraising relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to tell the stories of impact from an empowering and
strengths-based lens that always respects and builds
- Aptitude as a self-directed leader, sound decision maker,
innovative thinker, and detail-oriented project manager in a
- Inclusive, creative, and positive approach to collaboration and
team building across all levels of the
organization.QualificationsRequires a bachelors degree in a job
related major and a minimum of ten years of related professional
management, supervisory fundraising, and marketing experience. Must
have demonstrated success in creating plans and meeting goals.Must
have excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills;
ability to work as part of a team and independently; ability to
adapt, be flexible, and creative; ability to plan for and manage
multiple projects while working in a fast-paced environment. Must
be highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong ability to
prioritize; ability to use sound judgment in maintaining
confidentiality of donor information; apply necessary research,
data-collection, organizational, and time-management skills.
GiGis Playhouse Core Values
- GiGis challenges all staff and volunteers to embody the
following core values:
- Enthusiasm: Bringing positive, high energy to our work.
- Best of All: Always looking to improve in all that we do.
Challenge yourself every day.
- Get It Done: Making things happen and blasting through barriers
when needed. Figure it out.
- Believe: Believe in ourselves, believe in our mission, believe
we can achieve all that we set out to achieve.
- Locally Concerned, Enterprise Minded: To best serve our local
communities, we share our locations best practices and have the
humility to leverage the collective learnings from across the GiGis
network.Salary, Bonus Opportunity, and BenefitsGiGis Playhouse
offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunity, and benefits. This
is a full-time, exempt position eligible for health insurance,
short- and long-term disability, 401(k) with match, and a generous
paid time off policy that includes holidays, vacation, personal,
and sick days.Compensation is commensurate with experience.by
Keywords: Gigi's Playhouse Inc.- Down Syndrome Achievement C, Hoffman Estates , Executive Director, National Playhouse, Executive , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!