Global Food Quality Director
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Global Food Quality DirectorThis position is responsible for
driving the company's overall quality strategy, quality management
system (QMS), and policies throughout the organization's global
food manufacturing operations.About usBuilding a Better Future
through Nature and ScienceUsing scientific expertise and technical
know-how, Primient provide high-quality products for our customers
in the food, beverage, paper, packaging, personal care, apparel,
and animal nutrition industries.Sustainable, natural products have
become increasing popular for consumers becoming conscious of their
consumption. With this awareness, we aim to help improve the brands
we work with and make them more sustainable for all.About the
roleThe Global Food Quality Director oversees and directs the
Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions, and will led on
all facets of Quality, assuring compliance to global regulations,
and all regulatory audit and inspection activities. With a food
manufacturing industry background you will be translating the
company's quality strategy into SOPs, tactical policies, processes,
and procedures to always ensure 100% compliance with meeting global
regulatory standards.More specifically, you will be responsible
- Creating and communicating an overall vision for quality within
the company, setting goals and recommending organizational changes
to achieve these goals.
- Communicating the company's quality system to customers.
- Creating an environment conducive to continuous quality
improvement and implementing systems to nurture quality
- Promoting consensus and quality throughout the company.
- Focusing quality initiatives on a pro-active rather than a
- Overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the
reporting departments (QA, QC, and QS) and functions.
- Developing proactive approaches and providing strategic
direction to implement quality standards and procedures for GMP
regulatory compliance to meet company needs.
- Developing and managing relationships with senior Quality
representatives from customers, vendors, and collaborators.
- Implementing governance plan to ensure good communication and
decision making at the appropriate levels for quality related
- Providing advice to the Executive Committee on the implications
and risks related to key Quality issues and important strategic
decisions, keeping all posted, on a timely basis.
- Providing technical assistance and direction in the area of
chemistry, microbiology, and physical testing to ensure adherence
to quality standards and objectives.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring Quality operational
budget to ensure compliance with approved expense limitations.
Determining cause of variance to budget and applicable corrective
- Staffing the Quality department and ensuring training of
employees; planning, assigning, and measuring work; development of
staff, talent assessments and succession planning.
- Selecting, providing training to motivate and develop a highly
technical staff with expertise in a wide variety of disciplines to
accomplish departmental objectives.
- Keeping abreast of current on changes in industry and
regulatory standards for GMP requirements and advise on business
- Assisting customers in investigations of customer complaints
and submitting appropriate reports (timely).
- Identifying quality improvement needs and opportunities and
assuring that appropriate personnel address the issues. Assuring
corrective actions are implemented.What you'll need to have:
- Minimum of a Bachelors' degree, ideally in a science related
field; Advanced degree will be given preference, however, extensive
industry experience acceptable in lieu of advanced degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in positions of substantial
management responsibility within Quality Assurance.
- 5-10 years food industry experience managing people and a
minimum of 3 years of supplier quality related experience in the
- Working with and knowledge of regulatory requirements in the
- Demonstrated ability in setting successful quality strategies
and building and leading the function.
- Substantial experience in leading and participating in
regulatory inspections and preparing staff for regulatory
- Ability to effectively respond to common inquiries or
complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the
business community. Ability to respond effectively to the most
sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to evaluate complex situations and to render judgments
where significant legal, financial, and regulatory risks exist, and
when compliance guidelines are vague or not available.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, including FDA, EMEA,
- Ability to build consensus among colleagues with an appropriate
level of flexibility, while maintaining a focus on results and goal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to train staff.
- Strong managerial and organizational ability.
- Ability to think strategically and translate into action.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.LocationThis role
can be based from our Hoffman Estates, Chicago or Decatur, Illinois
offices and we will look at a hybrid way of working for the right
candidateWhat we can offer youAt Primient you will have to
opportunity to drive end to end to end solutions, while owning a
high level of accountability and ownership. Additionally, you will
have access to:
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive salary
- 401 K matching and non contingent matching plans
- Healthcare/Medical insurance#LI-JB1California Consumer Privacy
Act ("CCPA")The Company is committed to complying with the
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and all data privacy and
laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees.
We collect the following categories of personal information for the
purpose of hiring the best qualified applicants and to comply with
applicable employment laws: Name and contact information; Job
preference and work availability; Social Security Number and/or
other identification information; Education and qualifications;
Employment history and experience; Military service; Reference and
background check information, including relevant criminal history
and credit history; Social media information; Pre-employment test
results; Post-offer medical examination information and results,
including drug test results; Voluntary self-disclosure information
regarding minority, veteran, and disability status; and Information
provided by you during the hiring process.Primient is an equal
opportunity employer, committed to the strength of an inclusive
Keywords: Primient, Hoffman Estates , Global Food Quality Director, Executive , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!