IT Audit Project Manager
Company: Wintrust Financial
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50
billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC.
Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated
technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on
providing service-based community banking to each and every
customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries
with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern
Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various
non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance
premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing,
out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and
purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary
services for tax-deferred exchanges.Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the
Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by
the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus
- Hybrid schedule! Remote for at least 3 days a week and in our
Rosemont office 1-2 days a week.
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition
reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- Promote from within cultureWhy join this team?
- Work-Life Balance
- Hybrid Work Schedule Split your time working remotely and at
our Corporate Headquarters in Rosemont, IL
- Minimal Travel
- An entrepreneurial culture with opportunity for growthPosition
SummaryWintrust is looking for a highly self-motivated, creative
and enthusiastic professional to join the Wintrust Internal Audit
team. We are offering audit professionals the opportunity to
develop their technical and auditing skills through execution of a
risk-based audit plan. The IT Project Manager will assist Audit
Senior Leadership in meeting the strategic objectives, mission, and
vision of the Companys value-add focus internal audit function. The
role is based in Rosemont, IL with occasional travel to banking and
non-banking locations in and outside of Rosemont area.This position
will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality audits that
are IT-focused/technical, operational or strategic in nature.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for contributing to
the development and execution of the internal audit plan. This
responsibility includes determining internal audit scope,
performing audit procedures and preparing audit reports reflecting
the results of the work performed for review by management and the
Audit Committee. There are opportunities for this person to
communicate directly at the Audit Committee level.What You'll Do
- Execute risk-based audits related to information technology,
information security/cyber, business application and integrated
- Manage assigned audits and related audit activities to ensure
the timely completion of the audit.
- Develop detailed IT audit programs and testing procedures
relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Effectively communicate audit results internally and to the
client, both verbally and in writing.
- Escalate any necessary changes or challenges to the audit
- Ensure audit engagement quality, including adherence to
International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal
Auditing (IIA Standards) and Internal Audit Department policies and
- Participate in the annual audit plan, including the annual risk
assessment, in collaboration with Internal Audit senior
- Maintain an awareness of organizational, procedural, and
technological changes that have occurred or will occur within the
audit entity under review.
- Ensure timely validation of remediation action for audit
- Assist in training and developing junior audit team
- Present results of audit work to local bank Audit Committees on
a quarterly basis.Qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant audit experience in public
accounting and/or internal auditing.
- Solid understanding of IT and IS controls and related processes
(e.g. configuration management, incident management, application
security, interface controls, security information and event
monitoring, data loss prevention)
- Knowledge of risks related to newer technologies (e.g. cloud,
- Knowledge of financial industry standards and frameworks (e.g.,
- Experience in leading and performing operational risk audits in
IT, Information Security, and systems implementation.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in making critical and
- Self-starter with ability to self-motivate and work with
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to
articulate with clarity and precision.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Applied knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies,
risk-based auditing techniques and auditing standards and
frameworks (i.e., COSO, COBIT, NIST, ISO, ITIL, etc.).
- Applied application of data analytic concepts.Experience
- Minimum of a bachelors degree, from an accredited college or
university, with a major in Business Administration, Finance,
Accounting, Information Technology, Management Information Systems
or related field of study.
- Required to hold one relevant audit certification (CIA, CISA,
CPA, etc.).BenefitsMedical Insurance Dental Vision Life insurance
Accidental death and dismemberment Short-term and long term
Disability Insurance Parental Leave Employee Assistance Program
(EAP) Traditional and Roth 401(k) with company match Flexible
Spending Account (FSA) Employee Stock Purchase Plan at 5% discount
Critical Illness Insurance Accident Insurance Transportation and
Commuting Benefits Banking Benefits Pet
Insurance#LI-HYBRID#LI-VB1From our first day in business, Wintrust
has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people
from all walks of life. To be Chicagos Bank and Wisconsin's Bank,
we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we
serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and
our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation,
including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age,
disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Wintrust Financial, Hoffman Estates , IT Audit Project Manager, Executive , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!