Certified Medical Assistant - FT - OB - Hoffman Estates M-F
Company: AMITA Health, D36
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: January 12, 2020
We Are Hiring Medical Asst-Cert - Maternal Fetal Medicine -
Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health DOB1 - Hoffman Estates,IL--Typical
Schedule is Monday thourgh Friday 8am to 5pm.-- Occasional travel
to Elk Grove location.Will require travel to Elk Grove location 1
or 2 times a week.Why Join AMITA? AMITA Health
(www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the
Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO
based Ascension.AMITA Health is the largest health system in
Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of
care.-- The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups,
more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves
over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.What You
Will Do As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the
opportunity toAssists with the examination and treatment of
patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by
provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records
information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for
examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone,
maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include
ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean
and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all
proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions
and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes
patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests,
radiology tests and medications.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association
(AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Medical Assistant--credentialed from the--American Association
of Medical Assistants (AAMA)--obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date.--American Medical Technologists (AMT), National
Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Healthcare
Association (NHA) or American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA)
- High school diploma or GED requiredWork Experience:
- Previous OB experience is a plus.
- Comfortable giving blood draws, vaccines, injections is highly
- Bilnigual in Spanish is preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital
status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other
legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: AMITA Health, D36, Hoffman Estates , Certified Medical Assistant - FT - OB - Hoffman Estates M-F, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!