Company: Charter Senior Living of Poplar Creek
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/Caregiver
Why Charter Senior Living?
"I believe in the Charter Mission. To Enhance the Human Spirit. I
do this every day as I help care for our residents. They may need
extra help throughout the day, but I know during these times that I
am enhancing their spirit. I feel honored to make such a difference
in someone's life!" -Charter Senior Living AssociateOffering Health
Insurance for Full Time Associates Charter Benefits:
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100
per month (after taxes).
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral BonusYour potential is unlimited. As a small
boutique company, we are committed to helping each of our
Associates have more than just a "job". We want each of our
associates to feel like they a career and an opportunity to grow.
Learn more about Charter and how you can become part of an
organization that is committed to the future of their
Associates.POSITION SUMMARY:Position Summary:
Caregivers are the main support providers to our residents. The
position provides assistance to residents in the Assisted Living
and/or Memory Care Program(s) with their activities of daily
living, implementation of resident plans of care, documentation of
nursing services and enabling residents to lead a quality life
while maintaining their dignity. The position will enhance the
lives of older adults by assisting them with patience and a
friendly smile all while embracing teamwork and collaboration among
all staff.Essential Duties:
- Maintains Charter Senior Living Mission and Core Values.
- Provide assistance as needed with medication reminders (as
applicable), bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other
activities of daily living.
- Follow the schedule of resident's needs set out by supervisor.
- Provide emotional and social support to residents.
- Document daily assistance provided per protocol
- Inform supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
- Respect and encourage the independence and dignity of the
- Respect residents' confidentiality.
- Familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
- Attend all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the
prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the
achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents,
visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Charter Senior Living
- Perform other duties as assigned. Physical Demands and Working
- Constant use of manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills,
and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Associates in this role are occasionally exposed to hot water,
and cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push, and pull.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. 80 pounds of pressure
may be placed on the associate through transfers using transfer
belts or mechanical assists.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple
grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections.Other
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with elderly
population. Previous experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Clear communication - listening, speaking, reading, and writing
including ability to communicate sensitive information with
- Ability to work as part of a team and handle multiple tasks
safely and effectively
- High tolerance for working under pressure and handling critical
situations in a calm and professional manner.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, is required
- CNA, STNA, GNA, CHHA or other caregiver training/certifications
as per state regulatory and licensure requirements
- CPR/First Aid Certification may be required (per regulatory
- Experience with the elderly and memory impaired adults is
preferred but not required with thorough understanding of the aging
processAll offers of employment are subject to passing background
Equal Opportunity EmployerMISSON: TO ENHANCE THE HUMAN SPIRIT
CORE VALUES: To Serve with Heart, To Serve with Purpose, To Serve
with Courage and To Have Fun While ServingJB.0.00.LN
Keywords: Charter Senior Living of Poplar Creek, Hoffman Estates , CNA, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!