Company: AMITA Health
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: January 13, 2022
We Are Hiring:AMITA Health is hiring a Radiology
PRN Rotating shifts, Weekends, and HolidaysWhat You Will Do:Take
radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in
the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepare and position patients for imaging and selects exposure
- Prepare and administer contrast media and medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
- Observe patient during procedure and report abnormal
- Monitor protocols and recommend updates or refinements as
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Prevent patient from being exposed to unnecessary
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers, and
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to
- Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly department to include
procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area,
and any other areas in department.
- Position patients and select anatomic and technical parameters
accurately.What You Will Need:Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any
specialty accepted for Radiologic Technologist issued by ARRT.
Radiology Tech licensure issued by the IL Emergency Mgmt Agency
required in combination with Radiologic Tech registration through
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, Associate's
degree, or Technical degree required.Additional Preferences:No
additional preferences.Why Join Our Team:AMITA Health, one of the
largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals
and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in
its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners,
AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the
communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients
and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body,
mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the
source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being.
We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement
potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages.Equal
Opportunity Employer:AMITA Health will provide equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression,
age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information,
carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants.
Keywords: AMITA Health, Hoffman Estates , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!