Medical Assistant - Clinical Cardiology
Company: Advocate Health Care
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: May 6, 2022
JOB SUMMARY:The Medical Assistant is a key member of the patient
care team by supporting the providers with the delivery of
high-quality health care to ambulatory patients. - Medical
Assistants are vital to the effective operations of a fast-paced
medical practice. Medical Assistants help patients transition from
the outside world into the provider's office. The Medical Assistant
performs a variety of important tasks to promote optimal health for
our patients, including: -
- Assist providers with important clinical duties, such as
- Act as a liaison between patients and
- Measure patient's vital signs
- Administer medication
- Document patient information
- Collect specimens for testingREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of a medical assistant program or at least one year of
medical assistant or equivalent experience.
- Good communications skills. Experience using a keyboard and
- Familiarity with equipment used in ambulatory care.
- Current AHA CPR certification. Current Medical Assistant
Certification/Registration required. Non-certified MAs must obtain
certification or registration within one year of hire with AMG
approved certifying bodies including, NHA, AMT, AAMA, NCCT or
- Ability to travel locally to multiple sites as needed.
- Ability to work in stressful conditions and difficult
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening
- Ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions and ability to work
rotating shifts any day of the week.
- Ability to perform lifting/transfer activities related to
patients as needed, ability to stoop/bend.Ability to lift up to 35
pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or
when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling
equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other
associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement
situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.About Advocate
Health CareAdvocate Health Care, named among the nations Top 5
large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the
largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health
care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250
sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care
hospitals, the states largest integrated childrens network, the
states largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the
areas largest home health care companies, and the regions largest
medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is
a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of
Keywords: Advocate Health Care, Hoffman Estates , Medical Assistant - Clinical Cardiology, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!