Company: AMITA Health
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: October 18, 2018
We're Hiring Title: RN-Surgery ICity, State: Hoffman Estates,ILLocation: AMITA Health SAMCDepartment: Surgery 001Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Evening, 40 hours,WeeklyWhy Join AMITA? AMITA Health () is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension. With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.What You Will Do Job Summary:Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.Responsibilities:
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.QualificationsLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Operating Room credentialed from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI). Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred For the Hinsdale and La Grange locations, must have BSN within three years of hire dateWork Experience:
- Two years of clinical nurse experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, mhb, neonatal, psychatric, recovery, registered nurse, transitional
Keywords: AMITA Health, Hoffman Estates , Surgery RN, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!