Medical Assistant - Hinsdale
Company: AMITA Health
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Title: Medical Assistant-AHMG
City, State: Hoffman Estates,IL - position will be located in Hinsdale
Location: AMITA Health Medical Grp-Peds
Department: Pediatric Admin
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by Adventist Midwest Health, part of the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL., and Alexian Brothers Health System, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Ascension. Headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL, AMITA Health is the third largest health system in the state with more than 12,000 associates committed to delivering the most efficient, highest quality, faith-based care at nine acute and specialty care hospitals and at more than 80 ambulatory/clinic locations. AMITA Health has an extensive provider network of more than 3,000 hospital-affiliated physicians and the AMITA Health Medical Group consists of over 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners, ranking it among the largest regional medical groups. AMITA Health's mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by respecting the faith traditions of the many individuals and families we have been called to serve across suburban Chicago.
What You Will Do
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredGraduate of certified medical assistant program preferred
- Previous experience in an assigned specialty preferred.
Schedule will be 9:30 to 6pm generally. Monday thru Friday - No Weekends
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: AMITA Health, Hoffman Estates , Medical Assistant - Hinsdale, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!