Labor and Delivery RN FT Nights SAMC
Company: AMITA Health
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: November 27, 2018
We Are Hiring
RN-L&D I - Labor and Delivery 001 - Full-Time,Night - AMITA Health SAMC - Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the grater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct patient care to labor and delivery patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Prioritizes the nursing assessment and intervention by determining the patient's immediate condition or needs. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors and records vital signs and indicia of labor for mother and child during labor and delivery. Communicates condition as appropriate.
- Notes and carries out physician orders, including administration of medications/interventions as prescribed, and evaluates progress.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides education based on age, culture and willingness to learn.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred For the Hinsdale and La Grange locations, must have BSN within three years of hire date
- Two to four years of clinical nurse experience preferred.
- Please Note: We are NOT able to accept new grad RNs into this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: AMITA Health, Hoffman Estates , Labor and Delivery RN FT Nights SAMC, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!