Registry Chaplain- Behavioral Health
Company: AMITA Health
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Additional Job Information Title: Chaplain-IHR-AlexianCity, State: Hoffman Estates,ILLocation: Employer ABBHHDepartment: Mission Integration 001Additional Job Details: PRN,Day, 0 hours,WeeklyAbout Us Employer () is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension. With the addition of Presence Health, Employer is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.Job Description Job Summary:Ministers to the spiritual, emotional, psychosocial and cultural needs of patients, family members, and hospital staff. Responsibilities:
- Performs pastoral visitation, public worship services, and outreach services in assigned areas or to specific faith groups.
- Assesses and responds to the spiritual and emotional needs of those counseled, including crisis intervention and bereavement.
- Participates in an interdisciplinary approach to pastoral care and patient health.
- Documents visits and interventions appropriately according to the standards of the healthcare organization.QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree in theology or religious studies or the equivalent required
- Master's degree preferred
- Successful completion of One unit of Clinical Pastoral Education requiredWork Experience:
- Experience in pastoral care, health care field, area that is parish-based or mission-related, involved in community activism or its equivalent required.Schedule:
- As needed basis, 8a-5p, Monday-Friday and 1-2 Sundays a monthHow To Apply We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) you've applied for.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: AMITA Health, Hoffman Estates , Registry Chaplain- Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!