Respiratory Care Practitioner
Company: AMITA Health
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: February 21, 2019
Additional Job Information Title: Practitioner-Resp Care IICity, State: Hoffman Estates,ILLocation: Employer SAMCDepartment: Respiratory Care 001Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Night, 36 hours,WeeklyAbout Us Employer () is a joint operating company formed by Adventist Midwest Health, part of the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL., and Alexian Brothers Health System, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Ascension. Headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL, Employer is the third largest health system in the state with more than 12,000 associates committed to delivering the most efficient, highest quality, faith-based care at nine acute and specialty care hospitals and at more than 80 ambulatory/clinic locations. Employer has an extensive provider network of more than 3,000 hospital-affiliated physicians and the Employer Medical Group consists of over 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners, ranking it among the largest regional medical groups. Employer's mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by respecting the faith traditions of the many individuals and families we have been called to serve across suburban Chicago.Job Description Job Summary:Provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.QualificationsLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. (New graduates must have receipt of payment for application to IDFPR upon hire)
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). (New grads must have NBRC upon hire.)
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). New grads must have NBRC certificate and proof of payment to ISRC upon hire.Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required Graduate from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program requiredWork Experience:
- Two years of experience in the intensive care unit preferred.One year of pediatrics/neonatal experience in a level 3 nursery preferred.How To Apply If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact Candidate Care at 855-778-6037 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST, M-F.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: AMITA Health, Hoffman Estates , Respiratory Care Practitioner, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!