Respiratory Care Practitioner - Neo/Peds - Hoffman Estates (Full-Time
Company: AMITA Health
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring
Title: Practitioner-Resp Care II
City, State: Hoffman Estates,IL
Location: AMITA Health Saint Alexius Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 36 hours,Weekly, 7am-7:30pm
Tuition Forgiveness *OR* Sign-On Bonus---The choice is yours!
Tuition Forgiveness: Receive up to $20,000 for any full-time Respiratory Therapist position paid out over three years.
Sign-on Bonus: Receive up to $3,000 for any full-time Respiratory Therapist position paid out over one year.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health ( ) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. (Grace period intended for new grads only; others must have licensure upon hire.)
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Respiratory Therapist from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). (New grads must have proof of passing entry level exam, CRT. Proof can include; passing scores, Certificate from the NBRC or letter from the NBRC stating passing of exam.)
- Level 3 NICU/PICU experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required Graduate from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program required
- Two years of experience in the intensive care unit preferred.One year of pediatrics/neonatal experience in a level 3 nursery preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: AMITA Health, Hoffman Estates , Respiratory Care Practitioner - Neo/Peds - Hoffman Estates (Full-Time, Healthcare , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!