Director, HR Business Partner
Company: CDK Global
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: September 11, 2018
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries.--Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000--retail locations and most automotive--manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts--supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours ---Green--light your career.
This is a hybrid role. It is both a Center of Excellence role that is responsible for setting and defining standards of excellence for Employee Relations and Compliance, and this role also serves as the leader of the location-based HR team that provides front line HR support in the sites.--
Because the role leads the team providing HR support in the sites, and serves as the thought leader for the employee relations/ compliance space, a successful candidate would have experience in strong people leadership, coaching and influencing (business leaders and HR colleagues at all levels).
This role is the functional owner of defining employment practices and policies for CDK North America employees, ensuring that our practices and policies make for a great employee experience, as well as owning HR compliance. It focuses on leveraging people data/analytics from engagement/ new hire/ exit surveys; ethics/ employee relations cases, etc. to predict trends and develop corresponding location-based people strategies, practices and processes to drive a great employee experience. Desired outcomes that this role would be responsible for driving include:
- Strong execution of HR programs/ processes to ensure intended outcomes
- Decreased employee experience variation
- Increased leader effectiveness
- Higher team member engagement
- Process and people practice improvement/ simplification
- Positive employee relations/ direct dealing
- Ensuring HR compliance
- Ensuring an inclusive environment where customer focus is a top priority--
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the location-based HR team to execute on HR processes and practices to achieve intended outcomes (talent acquisition requisition process, compensation recommendations, performance mgmt. calibration, rewards differentiation, etc.)
- In close partnership with the HR Operations team, establishes a set of consistent employee experience success measures across all CDK NA locations; works with HR Operations to gain/ leverage key insights from engagement survey and other equivalent internal/ external surveys to identify leading indicators and to drive predictive/ proactive people-related decision making and people strategy development at the site level with site leadership teams
- Leverages best practices and partners closely with HR COE leaders and HR Business Partners to identify employee experience improvement strategies and provide input into setting standards of excellence for HR processes (ensuring 80% common and 20% unique/customized solutions where necessary)
- Recommends corrective actions, people practices, and process improvements to drive sustainable, integrated improvements in overall employee experience
- Works with HR COE leaders and HR Business Partners to create and deploy clear standard work to help build leadership effectiveness and organizational capabilities in positively impacting employee experience
- Oversees employee relations, including hotline responses and related matters (includes developing, interpreting, and recommending program goals and objectives, policies, and procedures, and courses of action); Investigates problems, such as: working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee appeals and grievances.
- Helps the business to proactively aggressively manage and improve performance earlier by educating and engaging leaders on performance management/ coaching/ feedback tools
- Creates clear standards for people leaders/HR to conduct regular employee experience assessments/audits to ensure proactive people practices/ processes/ policies are in place all CDK North America locations to maintain direct dealing/ positive employee relations status and manage people-related risks
- Participates in cross-functional M&A team to assist in assessing employee experience related people processes and practices of all merger or acquisition targets (inclusive of all regions/ countries)
- Serve as a coach and mentor to business leaders, HR Business Partners, and HR COE leaders to positively impact employee experience
- Develops and implements HR policies, and procedures to ensure CDK demonstrates Compliance; oversees the creation and administration of various employment processes to ensure compliance with laws and Company HR policies and procedures.--
- Oversees compliance reviews, investigations, and other related matters.
- Oversees maintenance of records/ training to address compliance/ legal matters.
Skills / Knowledge & Experience / Education:
- 10+ years in HR related roles with progressive responsibility
- Previous change management, employee relations, and compliance experience
- Previous people leadership experience (ideally leading a virtual team)
- Must be able to research information and analyze data objectively to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action
- Strong consulting skills, influencer and coach (as a business leader first and offers HR leader expertise)- across the organization and within the HR function- able to link business strategies with people strategies
- Problem solving and systemic thinking skills- critical analytics/ diagnosis/ prioritization skills
- Strong decision making skills and judgment to drive the right impact
- Ability to relate to people at all levels and build trusted relationships
- Courage and conviction to challenge status quo and business/HR leader thinking
- Strong process orientation
- Ability to navigate a complex matrixed environment
- Strong results-orientation
- Highly ethical- high integrity- does the right thing for the business and our team members, high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential data
- Proven ability to build strong relationships in HR and the business to drive for the best results
- Demonstrated strong intellectual curiosity and conviction to ask the "why" to bring the best thinking to the table
- Strong executive maturity
- Openness to feedback; uses feedback for personal growth and development
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelors in Organizational Development, Industrial/ Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, or related field
- MBA or Masters in Organizational Development, Industrial/ Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, or related field; or Legal expertise preferred
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives--they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: CDK Global, Hoffman Estates , Director, HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!