Senior Legal Manager
Company: Crystal Clean
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Senior Legal Manager Operations supports the effective and
efficient functioning of the Legal team by managing legal
operations and by identifying and implementing opportunities to
optimize the operational and organizational aspects of running an
excellent in-house legal department. The Senior Manager works
closely with the Chief Administrative Officer, as well as internal
clients at all levels. The Senior Legal Manager must be able to
adapt to changing priorities and business needs and must be
proactive in identifying areas of improvement and taking action to
The Senior Legal Manager, Legal Operations reports to the Chief
Administrative Officer (CAO).
Ensure Legal team processes and systems work seamlessly and
efficiently, driving continuous improvement to the operational
functioning of the team.
- Reporting to the CAO you will be recognized as a leader and
business partner that leverages its expertise to respond
proactively and efficiently to the legal needs of its internal
- Manager will play a pivotal role in leading the legal
department within the organization. This role involves managing the
day-to-day operations of the legal function.
- You will be offering legal advice adapted to the specific
business context while playing a strategic role in managing legal
- Maintain and continue to develop a high-performing legal team,
including hiring, training, and providing ongoing guidance and
- Work with internal resources and outside counsel to formulate
legal strategies aligned with the organization's goals and
- Identify areas for improvement and innovation within the legal
- Develop and manage the legal operations budget, tracking
expenditures and optimizing resource allocation to achieve
- The Senior Legal Manager will collaborate closely with
cross-functional stakeholders throughout the organization, and
external vendors to drive effective performance of the legal
- Assess, develop, and implement legal and risk mitigation
strategies aligned with the company's goals and
- Monitor and interpret changes in relevant laws and regulations
in the US that may impact our company's operations.
- The Senior Legal Manager will be a working manager who executes
primary legal activities when required to ensure the legal
department goals are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experiences and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree required.
- J.D. degree a plus
- At least 8 years of professional experience required, including
3 years of experience as a legal professional.
- Equity-driven with demonstrated ability to work well with
people from a wide diversity of demographic and cultural
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful, responsive, and
- Strong collaboration skills to interact across all levels of
the organization and with external vendors, clients, and government
entities; client-service orientation.
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented, strong skill in
proofreading and a high-level of accuracy in work.
- Exceptional project planning and management skills.
- Experience with contract management.
- Experience implementing process redesign and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to design systems that drive toward
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in
dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to demonstrate sound and independent judgment,
strategic thinking, and problem-solving.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral
and written. Ability to interpret legal language and requirements
to communicate in an understandable fashion with
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and
prioritize and reprioritize among same.
- Experience selecting and using legal technology, and general
HCC expressly values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and
encourages the applications of individuals from diverse
backgrounds, so that HCCreflects the communities and customers that
Heritage Crystal Clean LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities
and veterans to apply.
Keywords: Crystal Clean, Hoffman Estates , Senior Legal Manager, Legal , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!