Account Development Executive - Growth Markets - Chicago
Company: CDK Global
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Accelerate Your Career
CDK Global (NASDAQ:CDK) is a leading provider of integrated data
and technology solutions to the automotive, heavy truck, recreation
and heavy equipment industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end,
omnichannel retail commerce through open, agnostic technology, CDK
Global provides solutions to dealers and original equipment
manufacturers, serving nearly 15,000 retail locations in North
America. CDK solutions connect people with technology by automating
and integrating all parts of the dealership and buying process,
including the acquisition, sale, financing, insuring, parts supply,
repair and maintenance of vehicles. Visit cdkglobal.com.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your
voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where
every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our
business and that of our customers regardless of what career you
decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we're
hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your
The Account Development Executive - Growth Markets drives top line
growth by forging relationships with customers who do not have a
business relationship with CDK within a specific geographical area.
Grows new market share through conquest sales, selling the CDK
Layered Apps and Elead CRM. Works in conjunction with channel
partners to increase sales opportunities in CDK Strategic Products.
Achieves annual assigned sales plan, working under guidance of the
Director of Sales.
If This Sounds Like You, Then You Might Be the Right Individual for
- St r ive to win, hate to lose. You were involved in sports,
love a good game of trivia, and you won't be beat at a friendly
game of Life.
- Hunter by nature and working style. Aggressive and consistent
sales is typically based on executing a sales process. You know how
to identify high quality opportunities and can leverage their needs
to drive results.
- You thrive under pressure. Challenging boundaries and
redefining what's possible to introduce and sell innovative
solutions into a rapidly-evolving industry is what excites
- You're a natural seller. You've been a consistent top performer
in your sales career.
- You're able to strike up conversation anywhere. Networking
comes naturally and you can talk to the owner just as easily as
anyone else at the dealership.
- You have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and an
expectation that your employer will invest in you.
- You always seem to know what the competition is up to and you
keep tabs on what your key dealers are doing inside your
What Action It Will Take:
- Your objective will be to drive top-line growth by closing new
business from targeted automotive dealers
- Identify and define a growth strategy in the market for the
- Consistently exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
and expect to be well-compensated for results
- Manage the sales process end to end, proactively managing our
internal teams to ensure completion of the implementation
- Develop comprehensive understanding of CDK applications and
- Maintain accurate records of your interactions and your
forecast in our Salesforce CRM, leveraging the 9 steps of the
Influencing the Decision---
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years in an outside sales B2B new business
development role, with track record of performance in a very
- Experience using consultative solution selling to align
client's business needs with a solution
- Experience growing market share through conquest sales
- Must be able to negotiate and close major sales opportunities
with executive level clients
- Advanced presentation skills incorporating strong sales
- Excellent closing and negotiating skills
- Ability to travel 75% or more with overnight travel PREFERRED
ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- Experience in Automotive retail or selling into the automotive
- Experience in planning and managing a large sales
- "Hunter" mentality
- Challenger mindset
- Keen discovery skills and a desire to challenge your prospects
to improve their business processes
- Patience and perseverance; endurance for a long-cycle
- Good time management skills
- Initiative and self-starter CDK Global knows you have passions
outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and
lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive
benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as
well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment
including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your
time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to
name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value
and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different
perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment
regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran
Keywords: CDK Global, Hoffman Estates , Account Development Executive - Growth Markets - Chicago, Other , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!