Client Tech Support - Networking
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: April 9, 2021
About CDK Global, Inc
CDK Global (NASDAW:CDK) is a leading provider of integrated data
and technology solutions to the automotive, heavy truck, recreation
and heavy equipment industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end,
omnichannel retail commerce through open, agnostic technology, CDK
Global provides solutions to dealers and original equipment
manufacturers, serving nearly 15,000 retail locations in North
America. CDK solutions connect people with technology by automating
and integrating all parts of the dealership and buying process,
including the acquisition, sales, financing, insuring, parts
supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles. Visit
The Client Technical Analyst provides primary support to customers
encountering networking problems when using CDK's products and
solutions. Assists customers with product "how to" and technical
break/fix inquiries via telephone or in written internet-based
email or chat sessions. Takes ownership of each customer inquiry
and works with the team to find resolutions to the extent of their
knowledge. Participates in group chat rooms and openly shares
knowledge within the team.
Position Responsibilities andEssential Functions
- Receives inbound client/associate inquiries via phone, web
chat, e-mail, and online tickets.
- Documents all work via a ticketing system, sets resolution time
lines with customers, and keeps customers updated on the status of
- Assesses issues and troubleshoots using technical knowledge and
problem solving skills to establish a course of action, assuring a
timely resolution to customer inquiries.
- Must be able to direct and guide customers through resolution
of complex technical issues.
- Escalates issues beyond scope of current knowledge and then
works to fill in those knowledge gaps.
- Applies knowledge of CDK case resolution process, policies, and
- Attends training courses as required and stays abreast of
evolving technical, internal processes, and industry
- Provides phenomenal customer service and remote support
services and applies problem solving skills.
- Works within a tight team environment and willingly assists
team members as needed.
- Provides other ad hoc support and duties as assigned.
- Works in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- CCNA Certification or equivalent experience required: Work
experiencedesigning, installing or supporting core network
infrastructure (routers, switches, wireless) for 1+years.
- Understanding of WAN connectivity concepts (T1, VPNs, MPLS
- Understanding of LAN connectivity hardware and concepts to
include router and switching technologies OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
- 1 year of user support or implementation experience within a
technical support organization or field service organization.
- Excellent customer service skills via phone, chat, and in
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to lead by example and affect a positive change
among peers. Preferred Attributes and Qualifications
- Associate Degree or commensurate experience.
- 3-4 years of technical support experience with client
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software and mobile devices
- Experience using a ticketing system such as Clarify, Remedy, or
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Troubleshooting knowledge of wireless infrastructure.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Fortigate filtering
- Experience with VeloCloud or other SDWAN technologies. CDK
Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family,
friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why
we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of
you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the
first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to
re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and
tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value
and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different
perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment
regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran
Keywords: CDKGlobal, Hoffman Estates , Client Tech Support - Networking, Other , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!