Associate Technical Support Analyst - Network
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: September 8, 2021
About CDK Global, Inc
CDK Global (NASDAQ:CDK) is a leading provider of integrated data
and technology solutions to the automotive, heavy truck, recreation
and heavy equipment industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end,
omnichannel retail commerce through open, agnostic technology, CDK
Global provides solutions to dealers and original equipment
manufacturers, serving nearly 15,000 retail locations in North
America. CDK solutions connect people with technology by automating
and integrating all parts of the dealership and buying process,
including the acquisition, sales, financing, insuring, parts
supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles. Visit
The Client Technical Analyst provides
primary support to customers
encountering networking problems
when using CDK’s products and solutions. Assists customers with
product “how to” and technical break/fix inquiries via telephone or
in written internet-based email or chat sessions. Takes ownership
of each customer inquiry and works with the team to find
resolutions to the extent of their knowledge. Participates in group
chat rooms and openly shares knowledge within the team.
Position Responsibilities and Essential
- Receives inbound client/associate inquiries via phone, web
chat, e-mail, and online tickets.
- Documents all work via a ticketing system, sets resolution time
lines with customers, and keeps customers updated on the status of
- Assesses issues and troubleshoots using technical knowledge and
problem solving skills to establish a course of action, assuring a
timely resolution to customer inquiries.
- Must be able to direct and guide customers through resolution
of complex technical issues.
- Escalates issues beyond scope of current knowledge and then
works to fill in those knowledge gaps.
- Applies knowledge of CDK case resolution process, policies, and
- Attends training courses as required and stays abreast of
evolving technical, internal processes, and industry
- Provides phenomenal customer service and remote support
services and applies problem solving skills.
- Works within a tight team environment and willingly assists
team members as needed.
- Provides other ad hoc support and duties as assigned.
- Works in a fast paced environment with competing
Qualifications and Requirements
- CCNA Certification or equivalent experience required:
Work experience designing, installing or supporting core
network infrastructure (routers, switches, wireless) for
- Understanding of WAN connectivity concepts (T1, VPNs, MPLS
- Understanding of LAN connectivity hardware and concepts to
include router and switching technologies OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
- 1 year of user support or implementation experience within a
technical support organization or field service organization.
- Excellent customer service skills via phone, chat, and in
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to lead by example and affect a positive change
Preferred Attributes and Qualifications
- Associate Degree or commensurate experience.
- 3-4 years of technical support experience with client
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software and mobile devices
- Experience using a ticketing system such as Clarify, Remedy, or
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Troubleshooting knowledge of wireless infrastructure.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Fortigate filtering
- Experience with VeloCloud or other SDWAN technologies.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You
have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on.
That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not
only take care of you but your family as well. All of our
benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K
matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to
volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We
value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different
perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity
employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected
Keywords: CDKGlobal, Hoffman Estates , Associate Technical Support Analyst - Network, Other , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!