If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what
you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at
Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people,
your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the
global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your
opportunity for professional development and industry leading
rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the
values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond
opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working
together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the
world better for everyone!
NEW HIRES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO A $2000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
APPLY TO FIND OUT MORE!
This position will support the Machine Shop in Addison, IL
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- The program, machine, and inspect manufactured products per
operating procedures and instructions through the use of a CNC
Machining center or lathe.
- Perform all basic and complex machining
- Understand and operate machines, tooling, and measure equipment
properly and safely
- Confer with engineers and other production associates to assure
the correct functioning of processes
- Perform route repairs to machines
- Hold close tolerances to 0.001"
- Work with and machine large parts including castings in
numerous materials such as cast iron, bronze, carbon steel, and
various types of stainless steel
- Knowledge in self-inspection techniques
- Utilize all types of precision measuring equipment working in
both the English and Metric systems
- Read and interpret blueprints with geometric tolerances and
- Operate overhead and jib cranes to lift and move heavy
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- 3-5 years of previous machine shop experience operating and
programming CNC lathes and mills.
- Basic shop math skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to follow complex verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to safely lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Good mechanical ability and manual dexterity are essential
(able to stand for long periods of time)
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to follow proper
safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and continuous improvement
Primary Posting Location: Addison, Illinois
Job Advertising Title: CAM Machinist
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 53271BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected
veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not
discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about,
discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances,
the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the