Memory Care Aide
Company: Alden Poplar Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Alden Poplar Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care Center -
- $2,500 Sign on Bonus with payouts starting after 90
- Shift differentials!
- Flexible work schedule!
- Refferal Bonus available!
- Attendance Bonus!
- Paid Vacation, sick, and personal time!
- The Memory Care Aide assists the Memory Care Assistant Director
in providing a holistic, therapeutic, person-centered Memory Care
Program on the Memory Care Unit. The Memory Care Aide will achieve
and maintain the highest quality of life for each resident with a
diagnosis of a disease that causes dementia residing in or under
the care of the facility. Additionally, the Memory Care Aide will
continuously provide the evidenced-based, therapeutic programs and
activities that the memory care residents engage in daily.
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least one year of experience in the healthcare field
either working or volunteering.
- Have at least three months of experience engaging with persons
with Alzheimers disease and other dementias.
- Must have the sincere desire to work with the memory care
- Have confidence to effectively express the Memory Care Program
to the community, other health care professionals, outside
professional organizations, senior services, any other provider or
professional in the community and potential families and
- Possess confidence and the ability to apply that knowledge to
deal effectively with this population.
- Have the willingness to continuously learn about the disease
process of dementia.
- Possess the ability to utilize therapeutic approaches effective
with the dementia population on an ongoing basis.
- Have the ability to make independent decisions in the best
interest of residents, staff, and families.
- Possess the qualities of empathy, compassion, understanding,
enthusiasm, and humor in order to effectively interact with
residents, families, and staff.
- Understand and be able to manage emotional needs of
- Have knowledge and the ability to deliver effective memory care
programming on the unit.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and have the willingness
to drive the Alden bus for outings, etc.; and
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents,
family members, personnel, and support.
- Must be in good health.
- Must be able to relate and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- Must be able to handle the emotional complexities of the
disease process of dementia and end-of life experiences.
- May be required to lift equipment, supplies, and occasionally
move furniture; and
- Is aware of being subjected to exposure of infectious waste,
diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to HIV, AIDS, and
Hepatitis B virus.
- Commit to continued growth as a knowledgeable and experienced
healthcare provider in the area of Alzheimers dementia and other
diseases that cause dementia.
- Commit to obtaining at least 12 hours of continual education
annually for self, including the required 16 hours of orientation
training and any other ongoing dementia care specific trainings for
direct care staff.
- Assist in conducting initial and all on-going comprehensive
activity assessments and MDS/CAA assessments, including, but not
limited to, the following areas: social, spiritual, level of
functioning, communication, activity/leisure, amongst others. The
information gathered will be used to create a holistic,
therapeutic, person-centered memory care program.
- Assess, create, implement, and maintain any communication needs
of residents, such as language services, communication boards,
assistive devices, etc. Educate residents, family and staff
utilizing these mechanisms to provide ample communication.
- Become knowledgeable of each individual residents background,
life history, disease, medical and behavioral care needs, and
preferences in detail to develop and ensure an appropriate
person-centered plan of care.
- Assist in providing a therapeutic, person-centered memory care
activity program that constantly strives to enhance the quality of
life of each resident, meets the Memory Care Program Mission and
Philosophy, and upholds the Memory Care policies and procedures and
all state and federal standards. Provide both group and 1:1
- Complete all required activity participation
- Encourage family involvement through volunteering and
- Participate in monthly Family Council Meetings as appropriate.
Follow-up timely on any concerns brought forth.
- Provide a clean, safe, non-hazardous unit for the residents and
- Assist in providing an individualized symptom management
tracking system as needed per resident, including development and
maintenance of individualized, non-pharmacological interventions
- Assist in providing psycho-social programming in conjunction
with the Memory Care group and 1:1 programming, as assessed as
appropriate for residents.
- Assist with involvement in Accidents and Incidents process, in
conjunction with the inter-disciplinary team to determine root
cause, develop processes, and/or develop care plans that will
decrease accident/incident occurrences.
- Complete all required documentation.
- Maintain all program policies and procedures and state and
- Provide feedback to the Memory Care Director for monitoring
achievement of the facility and Memory Care Program goals through a
- Be flexible to meet the change in residents needs. We need to
adapt to their needs rather than expecting them to adapt to our
- Provide emotional, caring support to residents, families, and
the inter-disciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Poplar Creek Rehabilitation and Health Care , Hoffman Estates , Memory Care Aide, Other , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!