Back End Developer
Company: Omron Automation
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Work at OMRON!
Omron is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation products focused on sensing and control technologies. Omron Automation-Americas, headquartered in Hoffman Estates, IL, is the industrial automation subsidiary of Omron Corporation, a $8 billion global technology company celebrating more than 80 years of success.
Are you a developer/software engineer with an interest to make a significant impact and contribute to a growing web team? Omron is an industry leader in the automation business, and we're looking for a skilled developer like you who can successfully transform concepts and design into well-functioning web pages.
As a member of the web team, you will work on a variety of digital projects, building and maintaining cross-browser compatible and high performing websites and strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace. You will work heavily with SDL Tridion CMS as well as other technologies. You will continuously strive and contribute to better our digital customer experience and be part of our digital transformation journey.
If you are applying from the Chicagoland area, this position has a hybrid work schedule, one week per month in the office. Outside of Chicagoland area? No problem, we are open to full time remote work, with some travel to the HQ for team collaboration.
Our Commitment to Employees:
* Training and Career Development Program to give employees a learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to help build their career at Omron.
* Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation, immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
* Community Awareness that includes activities with local non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
* Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
* Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional Learning Sessions, On Site Flu shots and Health Screenings.
* Backend development supporting single application website built on Tridion, making use of APIs, JSON and .NET framework.
* Oversee and manage integrations with other technologies in the marketing stack, including but not limited to: Oracle, SalesForce, Hubspot, Stibo, Bynder, Auth0, NetExam.
* Identify marketing tasks that can be automated and support automation work.
* Convert business needs into technical specs and requirements.
* Participate in sprint planning, requirement clarifications, unit testing, integration testing, production release and production issue analysis.
* Lead technical relationship with freelancers and agencies, as needed.
* Routinely test websites for ease of use, speed and other quality factors.
* Fix any website issues or bugs that arise and document application and development changes
* 5+ years of web development experience.
* 5+ years of .NET backend development experience.
* Expert in AJAX, JQuery, JSON and XML.
* Familiar with content management platforms like SDL Tridion.
* Experience working on project teams with excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
* Proven SQL development skills (stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, triggers).
* Java experience is a plus.
* Have experience using CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS and/or Sass)
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Omron, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Omron is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Work at OMRON!
Keywords: Omron Automation, Hoffman Estates , Back End Developer, Other , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
here to apply!