Traveling Patient Services Coordinator Floater- $500 sign on bonus!
Company: US Fertility
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation's leading
infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive
endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30
FCI is now part of US Fertility! US Fertility is the largest
physician-led partnership of top-tier fertility practices in the
United States. The work we do building families offers stimulation,
challenge, and personal reward.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois, we believe that every person,
every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility
treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to
providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that
results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized,
- Over 42,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other
practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing
professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical
psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation's first fertility practices to integrate
holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment.
- Every day of every year, Fertility Centers of Illinois brings
three (3) babies into the world! What if each day you could...
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal.
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an
individual while contributing to an important mission.
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
We are looking for a Patient Services Coordinator to float to our
following Chicago Offices: Hoffman Estates, Buffalo Grove, and
The schedule for this full-time position is Monday-Friday, with
mandatory occasional weekend rotations. Individual must be
This full-time position is five days per week and includes
weekends. Individual must be flexible. There may be up to 30%
travel to other clinic locations to cover as needed.
Overview: The Patient Services Coordinator functions as a team
member who, under the direction of the Office Manager, provides
support to patients, physicians and multidisciplinary teams to
facilitate patient care within the clinic. The patient services
coordinator is responsible for maintaining patient satisfaction by
providing non-medical patient services, problem solving, training
and supporting front desk reception and checkout personnel.
SCOPE: This non-exempt position reports to the Office Manager.
I. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, ADA, this
description identifies the essential components of the job required
to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests
for reasonable accommodations to facilitate the performance of
these essential functions will be given careful consideration.)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Welcome patients and visitors by greeting individuals in person
or on the telephone; answers or refers inquiries to the appropriate
person or parties; completes check-in/out functions as
- Serves as a liaison between clinical staff, physicians and
management while acting a communication center by answering
telephones and directing all phone messages to the appropriate
individuals in a timely manner;
- Responsible for scheduling patient appointments and completing
patient registration as needed
- Ensures daily schedules of appointments and encounter forms are
printed and reviews insurance status, patient balances due, missing
- Focuses on the patient's well-being and abides by HIPAA
- Responsible for re-verifying patient demographics and insurance
information if patient has not been seen in 6 months or more
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of
collecting co-payments and/or other payments due in accordance with
prevailing company policy
- Responsible for completing insurance verification sticker for
new patients a minimum of three days prior to patient's appointment
and informing the patient if there is minimal or no infertility
- Ensures to request copy of insurance card and benefit booklet
for new patient appointment; send patient registration forms to
patient in advance of appointment. Call patient to reschedule
appointment if no insurance information has been received and
- Accurately enter complete patient demographic information into
computer system with great attention to detail
- Maintains and pulls charts of the day's patients and arranges
in sequence; prepares charts according to standard office
procedure, including insurance status, referrals, lab results,
operative reports, procedure reports, outside medical records
- Responsible for calling all new patients in advance to confirm
appointments and calling all patient "no shows"
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating
personal, financial and insurance information; copying of patient
records for insurance company requests, forwarding to other
physicians or other reasons as deemed appropriate
- Batch day's encounters and payments; prepare daily bank deposit
for payments according to instructions of Patient Accounts
- Maintains a clean, orderly work environment that is conducive
to the provision and coordination of patient centered care; report
any maintenance problems to office manager
- Oversees flow of waiting areas, monitoring patient wait time
and communicates delays to patients.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies and forms,
report supply needs to Office Manager
- Maintain patient information in prescribed format for marketing
II. SCOPE OF FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assist in maintaining patient accounts by obtaining, recording,
and updating personal and financial information as required by this
- Accountable for cash drawer, batching encounters, credit card
receipts, cash and check payments, balancing payments and deposits,
collecting co-payments and other appropriate patient charges Skills
FCI requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
before commencing employment. New hires will be required to furnish
proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. There may be
alternative for an approved exemption based on bona fide medical or
- High School Diploma required, Associate degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a hospital or medical setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to
establish and maintain effective relationships with patients,
physicians, management, staff and other customers
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to
use independent thinking, sound judgment and creativity when
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively handle
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to travel between clinic locations on an as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a
computer, knowledge of select medical software programs including
- Ability to work well in a very fast-paced environment while
maintaining professionalism, composure and an individualized,
compassionate approach to patient care.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and office machines (i.e.
computer, fax, copier, etc.)
- Ability to actively listen, resolve conflict, and work as part
of a multidisciplinary team.
- Weekend coverage and travel to other clinic locations to cover
are required as needed.
The Fertility Centers of Illinois can offer you the following
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative
difference in people's lives!
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K, STD, LTD,
life insurance and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and eight (8) paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement ($5,000.00) for full time employees after
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots All offers of employment with Fertility Centers
of Illinois are contingent upon the background check, drug screen
and reference check process.
Keywords: US Fertility, Hoffman Estates , Traveling Patient Services Coordinator Floater- $500 sign on bonus!, Other , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...