Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Accelerate Your CareerDrive global technology?With more than $2
billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of
integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions
to the automotive retail and adjacent industries.?Focused on
enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to
dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving
approximately 28,000?retail locations and most
automotive?manufacturers.?? CDK Global solutions automate and
integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to
the sale, financing, insurance, parts?supply, repair and
maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data
analytics and predictive intelligence.????We?re large enough to
make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This
means that we are an organization where every person matters. You
can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our
customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.?From data
scientists to sales and client service experts, we?re hiring to
support your growth and ours -?Green?light your career.??--CDK
Global is transforming the car buying process for both automotive
dealers and car buyers.-- To achieve this lofty goal, we are deeply
engaging with our users to ensure that our products ignite
efficiency and productivity while being delightfully easy to use.--
The User Experience engineering group at CDK is focused on the
quality of the interactions people have with our technology and is
looking for professionals that employ the principles and techniques
of User Centered Design to join us.-- UX @ CDK follows a
multi-disciplinary approach that focuses on all the users'
emotions, beliefs, preferences, perceptions, and behaviors through
an iterative research and design process.-- As a UX service
designer you will...--
- Champion Service Design within the Automotive sector and work
with teams to transform the end user experience for CDK's
automotive dealership solutions
- Work closely with product development teams to follow
user-centered design principles
- Provide qualitative and quantitative research findings
- Design for both the target user---s experience and our
organization---s ability to implement and scale
- Collaborate closely with UX designers to ensure designs
meet--the needs of the user
- Present and evangelize your work and the concept of service
design across the organization
- Operate with lean, agile frameworks and methodologies to
improve the ability to respond to changeWe realize that everyone's
situation is unique, however our general guidelines for
- A portfolio demonstrating your service design experience
- 10+ years of UX experience throughout the product development
- BA/BS in design, HCI, human factors, or similar
- The ability to work with other designers and researchers in a
- You use diverse set of methods & tools that illustrate all the
components and touch-points of the service
- Automotive dealership industry experience is a big plus--When
you think about buying or servicing your vehicle, you probably
don't think much about the design that is powering that user
experience. There is a lot going on under the hood at an auto
dealership. CDK Global produces the products and services that
power all aspects of a dealership, from inventory to sales to
vehicle service. We do this by powering platforms that integrates
capabilities to increase sales and operational efficiency for
dealers and providing products that meet the users' needs.--We are
adding a Service Designer to our team in Hoffman Estates. In this
role, you will work across our organization to design systems at
scale in the automotive space. You---ll work with a
multidisciplinary team of designers and experts to create solutions
that exist in the digital and physical realms. This role will drive
ideation--concepts and validate them through a lean UX process to
drive the highest quality for our end-users.--If you like the idea
of working in a growing global UXD community and leading bold
initiatives for the ever-growing automotive industry then this
position is for you.--Position SummaryThe Service Designer works
within the UX Design Team at CDK Global to strategize,
conceptualize and produce the creation of Web-based tools and
consumer interfaces, with a focus on service design projects. The
Service Designer will work with the project team to identify
research needs and deliver user centered findings and
recommendations that meet the needs of the client, meet business
objectives, and provide an engaging and compelling user experience.
You must have advanced experience and demonstrated ability planning
and conducting user research, user testing,--information
architecture, and journey mapping.--Knowledge Areas
- Advanced experience and demonstrated ability designing web and
mobile experiences for consumers. Advanced ability creating
end-user objectives and developing creative concepts to support
- Familiarity with design thinking principles and how they apply
to innovation and product development.
- Experience planning and facilitating user centered design
workshops (e.g., design thinking, co-creation).
- Experience designing for data vis heavy applications.
- Strong research and recommendation--presentation, client
relationship, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Practiced in the following usability practices: Service
blueprints, surveys, user interviews, card sorting, prototyping,
personas, information architecture, heuristic evaluations, user
session videos, behavioral targeting, landing page optimization,
and usability testing.
- Experience writing estimates and setting timelines.
- Practiced in facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings to
determine research objectives.
- High attention to detail and ability to work and manage drafts
and deliverables in an extremely organized manner. Open and
positive attitude toward clients and coworkers.
- Expert ability to communicate changing requirements or
priorities across a project team and achieve timely and universal
acceptance. and prototyping.--
- Advanced proficiency in tools that support automated--testing
and collaboration--such as Usertesting.com, dScout, Usabilla and
online collaboration tools such as Realtimeboard, Mural.
- Exposure to modern design tools and workflows such as Sketch,
Invision, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with global design systems and their application in
- Familiarity with business measurement processes and voice of
customer research frameworks such as OKR frameworks and Jobs to be
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Windows and
- Knowledge of capabilities for cross browser, multidevice. CSS,
- Familiarity with application lifecycle and collaboration tools
like Jira, Confluence or their equivalents.--Principal duties and
- Interpret use cases and design effective service design
strategies to guide user centered design lifecycle.--
- Ability to lead and facilitate design and discovery
- Creation of deliverables such as service design blueprints,
customer journey maps, workflows, contextual inquiry guides,
research plans, user testing plans, and summary findings
- Establishing and maintaining high quality relationships with
Software Engineers, Project Managers and Sales Associates to ensure
accurate implementation of specified service design
- Collect quantitative data from Business Intelligence and both
prepare and share findings with recommended changes to
- Identifies key performance indicators on a feature-by-feature
- Mentoring less senior UX Designers.
- Ability to tell compelling stories and sell our UX
- Fostering effective interdepartmental communication.
- Staying abreast of the latest developments in Internet software
development technologies for desktops, tablets and mobile.
- Consistent tracking and entry of hours worked, for a minimum of
80% personal and team utilization. Effectively resolving
- Client meeting facilitation - negotiation of features and
effort plus goal gathering.--Previous Skills or Experience Desired
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, UX Design, or related
field or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years user centered experience in a software
company,--interactive agency,--design firm or web publishing
environment. Continuing education in user centered research and
- Work seated or with a standing desk at computer most of the
day. High keyboard and mouse usage. 40 hours per week, additional
hours as necessary.
- Ability to work onsite at CDK Global Hoffman Estates.
- Basic office requirements and infrequent travel that may
include standing or sitting for long periods of time.?CDK Global
knows you have passions outside of work. ?You have family, friends,
sporting events, and lots of things going on. ? That?s why we offer
a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but
your family as well. ? All of our benefits are effective the first
day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to
re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and
tuition reimbursement to name a few.At CDK, we pride ourselves on
having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness
of individuals and the different perspectives?they provide. We
offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age,
marital status, or protected veteran status.??
Keywords: CDK, Hoffman Estates , Service Designer, Other , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!