Safety & Controls Engineer
Company: Omron Automation
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Work at OMRON!
Omron is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation
products focused on sensing and control technologies. Omron
Automation-Americas, headquartered in Hoffman Estates, IL, is the
industrial automation subsidiary of Omron Corporation, a $8 billion
global technology company celebrating more than 80 years of
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Safety Controls
Engineer is a remote position that is an important part of Omron's
Engineering Services Team and is responsible for the success of
engineering functions within the Integration Department.
Our Commitment to Employees:
- Training and Career Development Program to give employees a
learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to
help build their career at Omron.
- Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation,
immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue
Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Community Awareness that includes activities with local
non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
- Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible
Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
- Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional
Learning Sessions, On Site Flu shots and Health Screenings.
- Perform electrical engineering functions to include designing
and creating safety circuits and interface controls for safety
products (new safety controls will be required to interface to
existing machine and process line control systems).
- Redesign of existing control systems in order to incorporate
control reliability, new functions, and/or circuits.
- Work with new and existing customers to plan and implement
safeguarding strategies and equipment safeguarding product
solutions from conception to completion.
- Test, troubleshoot, and modify machine control systems as
required (on the factory floor)
- Responsible for control reliability as defined by OSHA, ANSI,
RIA, and applicable machine & process safety standards.
- Have the ability to install, relocate and mount controls as it
relates to safety product implementation if/when necessary on
customer field installations.
- Bachelor of Science, in Engineering, Business or related field
from a four year college or related technical school or related
experience as a Master Technician, Safety Professional, Journeyman
or Maintenance Electrician.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years' experience in machine electrical
design and safety control design.
- Experience in working in a manufacturing environment with
responsibilities in engineering electrical, hydraulic, and
pneumatic controls and circuitry.
- Experience with control reliability and other applicable
machine & process safety standards (OSHA, ANSI, RIA, etc.).
- Computer skills with knowledge of all MS Office applications,
PLC programming, HMI Development Software, and AutoCAD
- 50% travel
Omron is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we
comply with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation an
Keywords: Omron Automation, Hoffman Estates , Safety & Controls Engineer, Professions , Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!